Back in November 2011, a family from Deerfield went to visit a relative living in a Stoughton nursing home. According to the family, their two-year-old son picked up a fentanyl patch while he was visiting his great-grandmother. A fentanyl patch is a clear patch that is placed on the skin, containing a powerful narcotic painkiller which is approximately 100 times stronger than morphine. The family thinks that their son may have put the fentanyl patch in his Halloween candy bucket or in a toy truck, and that he ingested the patch a few days after the visit with his grandmother, resulting in his death. An autopsy of the boy found the fentanyl patch in his throat, and that he died from acute fantanyl intoxication. The family is suing the Stoughton nursing home, claiming that the home did not dispose of fentanyl patches properly.
This tragedy prompted the U.S Food and Drug Administration to issue a warning about the dangers associated with fentanyl patches. Samster, Konkel & Safran, S.C. Milwaukee personal injury attorneys remind you to store and dispose of all medications properly, so that children cannot access them.
that will answer questions about your legal issues.