On Monday night, March 17, 2014, a minivan was struck by a vehicle on the Beltline highway in Madison. The minivan was stopped on the side of the highway to adjust a child seat when a vehicle that was exiting the highway hit the minivan. The female driver of the minivan sustained serious injuries in the collision, and two passengers were taken to the hospital for treatment of their injuries. Authorities are investigating the accident.
The Milwaukee car accident lawyers of Samster, Konkel & Safran, S.C. seek to prevent automobile accidents. When you have to pull your vehicle over to the side of the road, please remember these safety tips:
- Do not pull over on the shoulder of a highway unless it is an emergency;
- It is always safer to pull over on the right shoulder of a road;
- Activate your vehicle’s hazard lights;
- Call roadside assistance; and
- Do not attempt to change a tire or perform a vehicle repair in an unsafe situation.
If you or someone you know has been injured in an automobile accident, contact us for a free online case evaluation.